Wednesday, April 6, 2011

hello world.

While Adrienne and I were having a big week in the big apple, our sister Keely was having a big week too. Keely, the middle child, was home in Nashville nine months pregnant with her first child. Initially I had assumed my parents would be coming to New York with me, but they weren’t about to miss the birth of their first grandchild. The baby was due on Saturday March 19. Adrienne and I would be getting back home at 4:00 pm that Saturday. We spent the whole week praying the baby would hold out until we made it back! 
Saturday night we went to dinner in Greenwich Village at the Tavern on Jane. Keely and her husband Derek were eating dinner at Cancun in Bellevue. By the time our food made it to the table and before Keely and Derek ordered, they were on the way to the hospital! We stayed up anxiously awaiting a phone call and a picture, enjoying delicious treats from Magnolia Bakery. I take that back...Adrienne stayed up and I fell asleep, begging her to wake me as soon as the baby was born. 


Finally, at 1:19 am baby Olivia Jane Tant was born. Absolutely beautiful! Perfect and healthy and amazingly sweet. We went straight from the airport to the hospital to see our new and first niece!

Here is Olivia coming home from the hospital, in the same outfit me and both my sisters went home in! 


I love her SO much! It is so hard to be at school almost 4 hours away from her.  
Shortly after making it home from NY, I finished “wrapture”! It’s really tough to say, but this may be my favorite cowl so far. Incredibly warm and cozy, this cowl goes from neck to elbows and covers everything in between! 

To make this cowl, I used four skeins of Malabrigo Rasta. This is probably some of the most exciting yarn I have ever knit. Every, and I mean every, stitch is different. The rich colors brought warmth and comfort with each click of my needles. 

“Wrapture” is also probably my most well-traveled cowl. I knitted it in my classrooms, in Sam’s Vandy dorm room, in the subways in New York.

The “wrapture” is the perfect addition to anyone’s fall wardrobe. Man, it sounds crazy to be thinking about a fall wardrobe. It was like 75 here today in Tuscaloosa. But I’ll be knitting these puppies ALL summer long!
I used the Coronilla colorway for my cowl, but here is a picture of Gina (a lovely Loops Troop member and friend) in her “wrapture”. 

She used the Laguna Nero colorway. What a great name. Gina is so lovely, I miss her and all of my other friends in Tulsa!
Next, I am skipping ahead to “in the snood”. Cathy used Tanglewood MAC (merino/angora/cashmere) for this cowl in Northwest Autumn and Trish, another one of my sponsors and one of my dearest friends, sent me Autumn in superwash! Can’t wait to get moving on this eyelet cowl. 
Mariel. 

2 comments: